Wednesday 11 March 2020

The Acts of the Apostles Chapter 20 of 28 (To Update)


The Acts of the Apostles 

Chapter 

20



¹ After the uproar had ceased Paul sent for the disciples; and after encouraging them and saying farewell, he left for Macedonia.


(The Acts of the Apostles Chapter 20 verse 1)


Oh God my Father after we experience a period of tribulation we need to experience Your empowerment which gives us the motivation to move onwards in this process of salvation Amen.


² When he had gone through those regions and had given the believers much encouragement, he came to Greece, ³ where he stayed for three months. He was about to set sail for Syria when a plot was made against him by the Jews, and so he decided to return through Macedonia.


(The Acts of the Apostles Chapter 20 verses 2 to 3)


Oh God my Father when we decide to do what is right especially for the benefit of others the forces of evil unite against us, however, You are our advocate. You give us the strength and the intelligence to escape the traps of our enemies Amen.


⁴ He was accompanied by Soapter son of Pyrrhus from Beroea, by Aristarchus and Secundus from Thessalonica, by Gaius from Derbe, and by Timothy, as well as by Tychicus and Trophimus from Asia. 


(The Acts of the Apostles Chapter 20 verse 4)


Oh God, my Father I also wish to be accompanied by a group of believers or be a member of a group of believers so that together we can proceed in our journey towards heaven. Amen.


⁵ They went ahead and were waiting for us in Troas; ⁶ but we sailed from Philippi after the days of Unleavened Bread, and in five days we joined them in Troas where we stayed for seven days.


(The Acts of the Apostles Chapter 20 verses 5 to 6)


Oh God many times we end up making changes in our plans due to situations over which we have no control. However You are always in control, therefore I place my trust in You my God and Father Amen. 


⁷ On the first day of the week, when we met to break bread, Paul was holding a discussion with them; since he intended to leave the next day, he continued speaking until midnight.


(The Acts of the Apostles Chapter 20 verse 7)


Oh God my Father I pray that I will also be so dedicated as to spend time in explaining Your Word to others. I pray that You open my mind with more insights graces and knowledge so that I can share more with others Amen.


⁸ There were many lamps in the room upstairs where we were meeting.


(The Acts of the Apostles Chapter 20 verse 8)


Oh God my Father there is the light of candles and electricity and there is the light that shines from the face of people who have Your Holy Spirit active in them. I thank You for making me meet with such positive people Amen.


⁹ A young man named Eutychus, who was sitting in the window, began to sink off into a deep sleep while Paul talked still longer. Overcome by sleep, he fell to the ground three floors below and was picked up dead.


(The Acts of the Apostles Chapter 20 verse 9)



Oh God, my Father, Your Word is at times challenging but many times it is comforting and brings on us a feeling of comforting and relaxation. My greatest pleasure is listening to the proclamation of Your Word my God and Father. However, as in the case of Eutychus, the body is weak even though we have a spirit that is willing to listen Amen.


¹⁰ But Paul went down, and bending over him took him in his arms, and said, "Do not be alarmed, for his life is in him."


(The Acts of the Apostles Chapter 20 verse 10)


Oh God, my Father, You told us that if we pray for something in Your Name we would surely get it. I am convinced that the Apostle Paul prayed for the life of this young believer and You restored it back to him so that he could be Your witness Amen.


¹¹ Then Paul went upstairs, and after he had broken bread and eaten, he continued to converse with them until dawn; then he left.


(The Acts of the Apostles Chapter 20 verse 11)


Oh God, my Father the people offered Paul food to eat, however, the food he was giving to them was more nourishing for they remained listening to him till dawn. I pray that I am always nourished with the food of the gospel and all the books of the bible and with Your Eucharistic Presence Amen.


¹² Meanwhile they had taken the boy away alive and were not a little comforted.


(The Acts of the Apostles Chapter 20 verse 12)


Oh God my Father how far and wide is Your healing grace. Even though we may not think that we are in need of Your healing, You never deny us of this opportunity even at times when we are not expecting it Amen. Therefore we are always to be aware and open to Your healing grace for as sinners we are all in need of Your healing both spiritually, physically and even socially and psychologically Amen.


¹³ We went ahead to the ship and set sail for Assos, intending to take Paul on board there; for he had made this arrangement, intending to go by land himself.


(The Acts of the Apostles Chapter 20 verse 13)


Oh God my Father when we think we are in control we start using the terms I, me, and my. When we make an agenda this may not always be according to the will of God especially if we have not consulted Him. I pray that my will is always united with Your will Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment